Friday 1 July 2011

Tea of the Week – Teapigs Rooibos Crème Caramel

I nearly fell off my chair in shock when on telling my husband about my new blog he suggested doing 'Tea of the Week'. Either he is finally coming around to my way of thinking or all those hours of making weird and wonderful teas in various strainer/teapots/mugs/tea cups has worn him down into submission. Either way, here we are with Tea of the Week!

I count myself as somewhat of a tea connoisseur and recently had to drag my husband around various homeware stores looking for some boxes suitable for organising my many varieties of tea (you're starting to feel sorry for him aren't you...!) Teapigs is one of my all time favourite tea makers so I had to start with them and what better than the mighty Rooibos Crème Caramel!


What it is? Rooibos is red bush tea which is only grown in South Africa. I first tried it in South Africa and have been hooked ever since. What Teapigs have done (geniuses that they are) is add pieces of caramel that slowly melt into the tea as it brews. This leaves you with a creamy, slightly sweet and definitely crème caramel-esk treat. And it is good for you as rooibos is a natural antioxidant and caffeine free! Don't go expecting to be drinking liquid crème caramel but for an interesting brew, this tea is really great.

How do you drink it? I drink all my tea black because I'm just that hardcore but this would be lovely with milk.

Where can I get it?! A good place to look out for Teapigs is at local food festivals, they often do some great deals and you can taste lots of teas from their range. Alternatively you can trust me that it is amazing and buy online at http://www.teapigs.co.uk/. Teapigs also do a taster range where you can buy a couple of teabags to try for a pound which is a good way to see if you'll like them. You could also come to my pad and I'll brew you up a cup ;)

Do leave a comment if you've tried it or have any other rooibos recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment